Since posting photos of my house I have had a few inquiries about the picture above my bed in the master bedroom. And I am in the midst of packing and up to my ears in boxes so I thought I'd post here. Which reminds me...if you have emailed me recently and I haven't gotten back to you please resend. I am trying my hardest to keep on top of things but I've been running a circus around here trying to finish up booked clients, be a mommy,pack, show the house etc. Your email is important to me but please understand...I get a ton of emails a day...A lot of them budding photographers who have stumbled on my site and want to ask a few questions. I really enjoy that I am able to help but right now life is so hectic...please don't think I've ignored you...it's just that my family and clients must come first and in my juggling act I am afraid I've gotten really behind on emails. So either email me back or give me some time to get settled and then dive into the mass haha!
Okay, now back to the picture YES it is mine...I took this image at a wedding last fall. I call it "Katies Rose"well....because the brides name was Katie....She had impeccable style! These beautiful rich roses graced her bouquet, reception tables and cake. I remember seeing this one sandwiched in between two perfect off white roses at the base of her cake. I was drawn to the deep color and contrast immediately but also that the rose was slightly wilted at the bottom. I snapped it and went on with the wedding. Later as I was workflowing the wedding and came upon that rose image and I knew I wanted it for myself so I ordered myself a large gallery wrapped canvas of it. I *Love* it!!
Roses symbolize so much in our lives....life..love...friendship...death. To me this one symbolizes richness, depth, and striking beauty despite imperfection and I wanted it to grace my bedroom wall. So....that's the story behind it. If you would like a signed and numbered gallery wrapped canvas of "Katie's Rose" I am making them available for purchase but only in limited quantities. I am only selling 10 of each size so you better hurry.
The pricing is:
$990 for 18x24
$1,395 for a 24x30.
$1,905 for 30x36
$2,310 for 34x40
To purchase send payment via paypal to paypal account dejah@dejahquinn.com Be sure to put "Katies Rose" in the subject and include what size you are wanting.
Katie... if you are reading this and want one shoot me an email..I'll give you a special price;)
"It is only a tiny rosebud-A flower of God's design; But I cannot unfold the petals With these clumsy hands of mine. The secret of unfolding flowers Is not Known to such as I -The flower God opens so gently In my hands would fade and die. If I cannot unfold a rosebud, This flower of God's design, How can I have wisdom To unfold this life of mine? So I'll trust in Him for His leading Each moment of every day, And I'll look to Him for His guidance Each step of the pilgrim way. For the pathway that lies before me My heavenly Father knows -I'll trust Him to unfold the moments Just as he unfolds the rose. AMEN. "
The Rose
~~Author Unknown.~~
"It is only a tiny rosebud-A flower of God's design; But I cannot unfold the petals With these clumsy hands of mine. The secret of unfolding flowers Is not Known to such as I -The flower God opens so gently In my hands would fade and die. If I cannot unfold a rosebud, This flower of God's design, How can I have wisdom To unfold this life of mine? So I'll trust in Him for His leading Each moment of every day, And I'll look to Him for His guidance Each step of the pilgrim way. For the pathway that lies before me My heavenly Father knows -I'll trust Him to unfold the moments Just as he unfolds the rose. AMEN. "
The Rose
~~Author Unknown.~~






4 comments:
This is GORGEOUS! Now I need to convince my husband that I need one for above my sofa :)
Cindy Beavers
Beautiful!!
A friend told me about your artwork and I am so glad! I can't believe how talented you are. I have emailed you and can't wait to hear back from you.
Hey Dejah! It's Katie! LOL That picture is goregeous! I just wanted to let you know the title is very appropriate considering my middle name IS Rose! Your work is beautiful! I hope you are doing well!
God Bless!
Katie
Post a Comment