Quite often I get clients that can't imagine there is any spot their home could be the very place for making gorgeous photographs. I wanted to post this session I took with Jadyn this weekend just to prove that you really don't need an huge, meticulously designed space to make a great photo.
This spot is in my sister in law's old apartment It's the entry just before entering the apartment. The paint has probably been there since the building was built but my sis in law added these pretty pillows to the top of a storage cabinet to make a cozy place for reading and curling up with her cats and dogs I suppose. Since she just purchased a home of her own I went up to see what the apartment looked like cleared out. She has amazing taste and had painted the space so cute I wanted to get some ideas for my studio...Anywhoo, When I saw the light I ran back down and grabbed my camera, Jadyn and a hairbrush (what's up with those 5 year olds hair anyway, It always looks like they just woke up).
ME: "Okay Jadyn you know he rules....no posing."(I have to remind her because she is such a POSER!)
JADYN: "hey mom........"
ME: "what babe....."
JADYN: " is this posing????!!"
Isn't she gorgeous??(click photo to enlarge)
Now here is a picture of the area I shot at. As you can see it is very small. I stood at the second to top step of a flight of stairs. Really, I just need a little space and some adequate light from a window or two. I love to shoot on location and capture the uniqueness in each place and person.






3 comments:
Love the color! Love the pillows also. Dejah you are amazing! And Jadyn is just beautiful!! You rock girl!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE 'EM!!! What a cool little space! Are you turning her old apartment into a studio?! There's an idea!
Thanks ladies! Nope, Renea she lives up int the Texas panhandle we were just visiting.
Post a Comment