(isn't he a fine specimen of a father?)I hope you all enjoyed Fathers Day! I have a confession to make......I have to admit...I've never been good at holidays. If I'm being really honest..I stink at these type of things! Now don't get me wrong I love Christmas and I really get into celebrating the kids birthdays and those but these other smallish holidays are what do me in. My heart is in the right place...it really is...it's just growing up we didn't much celebrate much outside the traditional holidays. Aaron on the other hand is the holiday honey! Any chance to celebrate and he's game. Every Mother's Day is a day of feast and I'll admit I get quite spoiled. So this year I tried to do better than last year which was a total flop (but I won't go into that). The kids each picked out a grand present with a little bit of coaching from me and then I got him a little treat myself. We woke and I got busy cooking up a big brunch of bacon and eggs and such, and then I put a pot roast in the oven for later on which was very scrumptious! We really didn't have any plans though we just hung out as a family. The kids swam in the pool while we watched their antics from the porch swing. Anyway, enough about our day. I want to take a moment and get a bit mushy while I try to explain what I've learned about this holiday and why it is important. Aaron has taught me so much about what a father is. He shows his gentleness in guidance and his firmness in discipline. His inner child shines when he plays games with our kids and his imagination wows them at bedtime stories. His wisdom shines as he allows the kids to find their own way. His heart full of pride when they succeed and when they don't he reaches out his hand, picks them up and dusts them off and shows them the way. They certainly keep him young. Aaron has not only shown me what an earthly father should be but without even being aware of it he has revealed to me characteristics of our heavenly father in his unfailing love. He is the most incredible father and is exactly the kind of man I prayed God to give me. He means the world to our two children...and to me too! I hope I have given him a day that celebrated all he is.
I also want to say Happy Father's day to my own dad! I hope your day was memorable too! I love you! Now all you still reading this...go kiss your dads!





3 comments:
This is so sweet! You are always so open!
Haha! You write so openly! I love reading your blofg.
Dejah,
I love you and am so proud of who you have become...always remember this!
Dad
Post a Comment