Welcome

Hi, this is Dejah, Welcome to my Blog!

{pink and green}


Have I ever shared how much I love the color pink?? I really like bubblegum pink..anything too peachy or purplish can get a bit nauseating in large doses lol! But then it's not really pink in my book. But...pastel pink..bubblegum pink...any true PINK! oh lala! It's my signature color...It's even in my logo (in case you haven't noticed). But did you know that PINK loves GREEN!! Yep...It's her new fling! lol! I've been looking for some type of small table to put in the kitchen so the kids don't destroy the dining room three times a day. But everything I found was just not "it" ya know? Then I stumbled upon this vintage black iron table and chair set at a yard sale for $20!!! Granted, it was in awful condition....The yard sale lady, who had to be upwards of 60 said that she remembered sitting at that table playing dolls while her mom cooked dinner when she was 4! Those who know me, know I would rather fill my home with pieces that have character over new items any day. So I snagged this up and wanted to do something fun with it. I found the perfect shade of pink and sprayed it...then, I got the green polka dotted fabric (polka dots...yummy....now that's another story..let's stay focused on the pink) and recovered the chair seats. Plus, I added some vinyl to the top to protect the seat from spills. you know...the early morning...."Moooooom...JJ knocked my cereal over!" type spills. lol! Anyway, I was quite smitten with the turn-out. Oh and aren't those polka dot dishes adorable???(gaw! those polka dots are trying to steal the show)...I am a huge cath Kidston fan. Everything she does is delightful! Although, I'll shamefully admit that I really don't have any of her items. Her stores span the UK and the two that were here (in the US--LA and New York) closed recently. So....I'll settle for look-alikes until I am rich enough to scout these hard to obtain pieces...and my kids are old enough to not break them! These gawgeous dishes in the photo were swiped straight from the isles of Target!! Also, I want to add...my inspiration for adding the green in with the pink came from a fellow blogger Yvonne Eijkenduijn. check out her blog her home is beautiful!

the chair before and after

4 comments:

Megan said...

Um...just how do you manage to have time to redecorate and recover furniture between all your massive projects? You never cease to amaze me, Dejah! I'll admit--I'm quite jealous! :)

Anonymous said...

so crafty.

Anonymous said...

love love love the pink and green combo!

Julie B said...

I just stumbled onto your blog, but as a fellow pink & green lover, I had to comment! Those were my wedding colors, and as if I couldn't leave them there, they are now my photo biz colors!
TOO CUTE with the dishes!
:)

Post a Comment