Welcome

Hi, this is Dejah, Welcome to my Blog!

{what does it mean to be dejah}


What does it mean to be Dejah??? Well for one, you know all those cool little personalized pencils, bike tags, and stickers that were so popular growing up??? Being Dejah meant I never got them!! Never failed, I would always approach the rack and scour the alphabetically arranged names and think *maybe* they might have caught on and included me for once ...but nuha! never happened for me....Um, being Dejah meant I had to say my name at least 5 times and spell it 3 times EVERYTIME I met someone new or someone happened to overhear my mother calling my unique name in the grocery isle...or ....well...you get the picture ...it was a lot... It also meant that growing up I had to repeatedly tell the story of how my dad is a huge science fiction novel buff and happened to be reading a science fiction novel in which Dejah was the princess of the planet Mars!!!!! I googled this Dejah once...the illustrator definitely lent her a killer body!! (warning--if you Google her--be sure kids aren't close by as she is most likely topless--sheesh...I wonder if we could get NASA to send some shirts up to mars lol!)Also being Dejah meant that I had all but given up on wishing and hoping my name would someday appear in a song. You know the songs...

Amanda - Boston
Sherry - The Four Seasons
Good Golly Miss Molly - Little Richard
Anna (Go to Him) - The Beatles
The Wind Cries Mary - Jimi Hendrix
For Martha - The Smashing Pumpkins
Goodnight Elisabeth - Counting Crows (my sisters name...humph!)
Sandy - John Travolta
Janie's Got A Gun - Aerosmith (Dejah's got a gun...nah....it's really not me!!)
Sweet Amber - Metallica
Jolene - Dolly Parton
Roxanne - The Police
Laura - Billy Joel
My Michelle - Guns N' Roses
Polly - Nirvana
Mustang Sally - Wilson Pickett
Hey There Delilah - Plain White T's (got kind of close with this one)

(these are just a few)

Anyhow.. today we were sitting at Chicago street deli eating our lunch and Aaron starts singing this little song ..."what does it mean to be Dejah...Dejah ...Dejah..." I cracked up!! I'm like..."did you just make that up??" Then he informed me there is a recording artist named Dejah (a male) who has that song he wrote on his site...,.no kidding! I am stoked...I finally got my name somewhere!!!! Don't believe me??? Go check it out!! http://www.dejah.net/

oh and go here to see how rare my name is (it's the little red one on the chart).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! My name is Jayna. I've never actually met another one!

Megan said...

That's funny! I (like everyone else, I guess) always wondered where your name came from. Take heart--at least you aren't easily forgotten!

annakate elizabeth davis said...

WHERE ARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!! I HAVEN'T TALKED TO YOU IN LIKE DAYS!@ IT FEELS LIKE MONTHS!!!!!!!!!! CALL ME!!!!!!!!!!! I AM HAVING DEJAH WITHDRAWLS@@@@@@@@@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment