Welcome

Hi, this is Dejah, Welcome to my Blog!

{more q&a}

1)Do you Photoshop your photos?
Yes, I do....however, I am a bit of a minimalist...I've seen some images so heavily edited that the child doesn't even look the same once done. (and don't even get me started on weird possessed over sharpened eyes--scary!)) Mostly I use adobe bridge and then if needed run an action via adobe Photoshop CS2 to boost the color or convert to B&W...maybe remove a stray hair or a booger (yep....I do this a lot!)

2)Do you have any intern or student positions available?
Not at this time.

3)How do you and your husband make it working together all the time?
AWE....Aaron is my best friend!! It's a lot of fun working together but can also be a challenge. We just have a mutual respect for each other and strongly believe that this is what God has for us. He is my biggest fan! In fact, when I was in the hospital getting prepped for surgery (in a gown with no MODESTY) he was passing out my biz cards...I was mortified...but it was hilarious!!!
But I can say the worst part about working with your spouse is the sexual harassment!

4)How do you balance it all...career...family etc?
I don't lol! But really, I have priorities: -God 1st -Family second and everything else follows. I honestly never saw myself (and still don't) as a career woman. I am just lucky that I get to do what I love and follow my dreams. And my secret weapon is my husband...He adores our kids and the feelings are mutual so he is very present.....and he likes to cook!! One tip that's worked for me......get that office out of the house if you can. I don't even have Internet at home anymore.....it's forced me to be a better wife parent and friend!!

5)Why do you travel to Texas still?
I started my business in Texas and really enjoy going back and seeing those little ones grow and capturing the changes! I feel blessed that my clients still have me back as there are some great photographers there they could choose.

6)What charities are you involved in?
I am an active member of two. Through the American Child Photography Charity Guild (ACPCG) I travel to NICU's and provide my services to the parents of ill babies and children. the other is Celebrating Adoption i choose to help celebrate by providing services to parents who have recently adopted!!

7)Do you ever have a bad session?
Yep! Hey Children have bad days just like us and sometimes just don't want to have their picture taken. I try and take cues from the child and never force them....when they are done so am I. I rarely ever have a session where I don't have something to show but depending on the session/child I might reschedule and try another day.

2 comments:

The Runyans said...

i like what you did to your side bars! that's how mine are done!

Megan said...

I think #4 is excellent advice. I have wanted to move my office for ages!!

Post a Comment