Welcome

Hi, this is Dejah, Welcome to my Blog!

{something in the water?...}

Can somebody please tell me what was in the water about...eh? Nine months ago (give or take)....and if perhaps..... anyone happened to bottle some of it??!!

Seriously!..I have had more fresh, adorable, squishy, intoxicating, newborns recently than ever before.....AND I think somewhere up there the angels are taking bets ...wagering to see just exactly how much temptation I can take before I stoop to some lowly... desperate measures which could or could not involve a combination of handcuffs and a turkey baster. (did I really just type that? )

Hopefully it won't come to that folks....I've got some really good news... Mr. Quinn returned last night from being away for business the whole week and while we were catching up he mentioned visiting a bookstore to which I asked "Whatdidya do there?" ..."um look at books..." he slyly replied and quickly changed the subject.....You see...here's the deal...Mr. Quinn DOES NOT READ!...I mean.... not as in he cannot read....he most assuredly CAN READ!...he just doesn't...I on the other hand... I am always reading. I think Mr. Quinn has maybe read one book since we've been married. In fact it's gotten to the point where if he wants to read something he will buy it for me to read to him or read myself and then summarize for him...(which is just plain adorable...i think!) We are soooo going to be that old married couple!

Anyhow back to my news. I kept bringing up the subject of the bookstore... asking him what he was doing there until he finally spilled the beans that he was browsing the baby names books!!!! Isn't that fantastic!!! (well...except for the fact that he already named the first two and *I* am naming the next one.....only though....not entirely....you see...I kinda sent some subliminal messages to which he picked up on very nicely....and Viola' I got the names I wanted...and he got to think it was all his idea!....the male ego is a fine instrument my lady friends...stroke it!)...Oh.... but don't tell him all that!.)... betcha thought I was going to tell you I was pregnant...didn't ya? BELIEVE ME...when I am actually with child again ...YOU WILL KNOW!

Just had to share that juicy bit of gossip...well...just because it's progress people!

One small step for Mr Quinn...One giant leap for my ovaries!!!

(just for the record...Mr. Quinn is a wonderful father and loves children ...he is also a very responsible hunk of man candy who likes things fully thought out and planned ...where as I am a fly by the seat of my pants...let's make another baby kinda gal....we balance each other out!)

If you are as excited as I am over the news...Leave me a comment!!

8 comments:

Kara H said...

Oh my goodness, this is SO adorable!
I actually just did my first newborn shoot this weekend and I am HOOKED (and also want one of my own now too! :))
Love your work! You have a beautiful gift! I am from the Seattle area and am just about to start my own little photog biz. I am encouraged by people like you! Thank you. :)
Blessings,
Kara Hicks

Anonymous said...

Dejah, you are so funny!

Anonymous said...

I really thought you had "the" news!!

Anonymous said...

I am ROFLMAS over that turkey baster comment!

Anonymous said...

LOL lovin the turkey baster comment! Well congrats on the progress!

Anonymous said...

I thought you had the news too! It seems you may be getting closer though:) I only have a few more months and wish I was near you so you could photograph my little one. BTW it's a boy if I didn't already mention it.

Teresa said...

Oh, how you make me laugh! Best of luck... the baby name search is a HUGE step for daddy Quinn!! LMAO!

Anonymous said...

Three is simply the best number (or four, or five...) if you're really lucky..

But seriously, I'm so happy for you...

I gave my husband rights, but I had the veto stamp if it got out of hand (I think one of his choices was Zorad - ok, he got to the z's?????)

After 40 weeks and need I mention the actual "labor"... Naming should be totally the woman's domain (unless you need help in that area...)

Give us the good news whenever "Tre" comes along :)
love ya girl,
Laur

Post a Comment