Feb. was one CRAZY month! It's normally pretty slow around the studio and I take full advantage of it by revamping my site or blog (both currently in progress)...catching up on books...working on taxes stuff (yuck). But nu-huh! Feb...was brutal. One very important thing went un-noticed...Mr. Quinn had a B-day!...Well..not completely un-noticed...we did celebrate...on his big day I was in OKC all day but stopped by wings stop on my way home (his fav)..and picked up some hot wings. Then I went home and baked the most delectable red velvet cake ever...!(what am I sayin' you all know I got it at the bakery). The evening was short and sweet because the kids had school the next day. So the following weekend we headed over to OKC to the cheesecake factory for lunch and then to the mall to find Mr. Quinn some new Oakley's....which he found and loved...except they were scratched..and the last pair!...and so we concluded that we would have to order them online and left the mall empty handed...well...um...we .(..ahem),,weren't ALL empty handed...(come on folks..you expect ME to visit a mall and walk out with nothing...nada?...nope!...NOT HAPPENING"!!!)
Let me get back to my point here....(which is not, I assure you, about my shopping habits). My point is Mr. Quinn had a Birthday!! I know what your thinking...gosh...another Mr. Quinn post...well. YES! IT! IS! because ..well...folks...I am married to the most charming man on the planet. My very own Mr. Darcy (for all your Jane Austen fans).....my Noah (for you fellow Notebook fans)....my Edward (for all you twilight fans)...my......my...well you get the point.
This week Mr. Quinn returned from a business trip in Texas and he brought me back a brand new Canon 5D Mark II (those of you who are photographers KNOW that this is a nice surprise.....and those who aren't photographers...well lemme just say it's a very nice upgrade to my current camera)....OH!....AND he also brought a large bottle of perfume back for me.... I have been on the hunt for this specific one for months with no luck..I had no idea he was even paying attention to that!
But those are just the smallish things...he is my best friend...my partner in crime....the strong arms that hold me...and my soft place to fall. MY HOME. He put up with all my immature, dumb " I'm leaving" games when we first got married when I hadn't a clue how a wife should behave (being raised by a single mom). He stroked my hair and whispered " i love you" in my ear as the doctors cut me open and extracted our baby girl. He held my hand (and his breath) as I pushed out our little guy 2 years later. He is the best daddy in the world...I love to listen to him say prayers with our children...He cooks, pays bills (mostly on-time). Takes the kids to school when it's really cold (and even warms up the car first). He makes sure my car always has gas ( I have not pumped gas in forever...I sure hope the method hasn't changed should I ever have to). He is smart...and funny...loving...caring...creative...sensitive...and sincere. And while there are some days I threaten to file a sexual harassment suit (anyone know who I could contact about that?) I really enjoy going to work with him every day and them coming home with him too!
I am afraid that I've barely scratched the surface here but for fear that someone might want to snatch-up my Mr. Quinn I'll stop right HERE. All I really wanted to say was...
Happy belated Birthday Mr. Quinn!
I love you!






0 comments:
Post a Comment