Welcome

Hi, this is Dejah, Welcome to my Blog!

{2010!!}

Hello.......tap.....tap....tap.....this thing on!? What? you look like you've seen a ghost or something...truth is I am NOT dead like all the silly Internet rumors circulating....just a really, REALLY bad blogger! Ok...well maybe there are NO rumors circulating ...I just made that up to feel special...and like....missed and all. SOOOOOO Did you miss me?! I certainly missed blogging and have a lot to share... so this may be a loooooong one folks. Yep go ahead and take that bathroom break....grab that cup of hot green tea....then sit back and....read...

Where to start off...hmmm...
I guess where I left off....
Just around crazy, busy, lets get this party started ...holiday time...er...em...season. Well...it was a BIG one! Despite hiring my talented ballerina, photo taking, associate Julie....we were still slammed! Don't get me wrong, I am very appreciative of all my wonderful clients (new and old)! Business has boomed and in light of the current state of our economy I am super stoked to say our business tripled! So even though I "thought" I was covered by having Julie hired and trained by the holiday season....I was still way busier than last year. My poor family (and friends) really didn't see much of me from mid-November to late- December. Also despite our efforts we still had to turn some people away which was so sad for me. This year...I'll be even better prepared...I learn a little more each season.

Christmas....we had a beautiful white Christmas.

things I did:
-stayed home and it was pretty quiet which is exactly what we needed.
-cuddled...watched movies and cuddled some more!
-got a puppy!
-made a heck of a Christmas day dinner! (thanks to my Williams-Sonoma cookbook).
-opened presents
-played with above said presents
-made a snow man (ok...I watched from inside where it was warm and toasty...but I was there in my heart)
-did an un-godly amount of laundry and loaded the dishwasher waaaay too much!
-cuddled some more

things I did NOT do:
-leave my house (ok...there may have been a few Walgreen's runs in there somewhere but for the most part i stayed indoors!)
-work....yep...not a lick of it!
-put on make-up...i know sad right?
-remove my UGGS...(or sweats)
(wow this is starting to sound like the laziest Christmas ever)
-worry or fret....normally holidays are a big time stress for me...well due to the fact that i really am going 90 to nothing until around Dec. 23rd at the studio...then i stop and realize how much i still need to do to get prepared for my own Christmas...then there is always...the "FOUR CHRISTMASES" factor...in which someone always get offended or mad...so this year I made a choice to STAY HOME and forget about it. I really needed to focus on Mr. Quinn and my kids...and that's what I did....and i didn't stress about it!
-mail my Christmas cards....this one makes me sad because I found every ones perfect outfit (vintage 40's style) and got my associate Julie to do some "the Notebook" style photos of the family...which turned out super cute...then I built the sweetest card...ordered a freakishly large card order amount so i could send them to all my friends ,family, and clients... ummm...paid the bill on them...and about the time they came in my battery died...seriously I could not forge on. (This is where all the cuddle time came in handy). SOOOO....there they sit in my home office on my shelf. I thought once just around New years eve....i might still mail them...but still couldn't get it done. So NOW...it would be just silly to mail them out....but I hate that because they are so sweet!

IT"S a NEW YEAR!!!!!
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW
Does anyone else have whiplash from 2009??? Seriously it flew by!

FOR 2010 I have so many hopes and dreams which i will share with you a little later...(trying to pin down the ones that are do-able)...

I also have some big news to share....lots AND LOTS of things in the works! but I'll just tease you with that for now.

keep checking back...i promise to post more frequently!

and a cute image from a winter session... this one makes my heart happy!

IMG_8595

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you didn't send out your cards :( So happy for your success this past year, well deserved. Don't feel bad about the no make up thing, no reason if you are not leaving the house :) I too watched my kids build a snow man out of the kitchen window! Look forward to seeing all your gorgeous work in 2010!
Leila

Post a Comment