Welcome

Hi, this is Dejah, Welcome to my Blog!

{real beauty}

{Real beauty}

It's scary to me how much our perception of beauty is distorted. Since mvoing to the world of digital photography I've come to know how much "retouching" goes on. Of course my retouching usually amounts to punching up the color and removing a booger from a little ones nose. LOL! But seriously, I have a 6 year old daughter who will grow up in this false reality. Already I see her begin to pick herself apart. I think our media is going to major extremes here and we need to ask ourself "what can we do about it?" I think what DOVE is campaigning is very honorable! watch the video and then check out the site!

1 comments:

Megan said...

Oh my gosh, Dejah! I've got a get a copy of this on my blog. I was just speaking to a women's group abotu this subject a couple of weeks ago. I can't walk past a magazine cover without realizing how much PS work has been done (even to the "perfect people") anymore but most people don't have a clue. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment