
(I've added a picture of one of my favortite Christmas moments! Click the image for a larger version! The kids and I made yummy gingerbread houses. They adorned the kitchen table for about ...eh....16 or 17 glorious hours before the kids decided they were for eating and not looking at! haha! It was so much fun! I think it will be a new Christmas tradition!)
and what else...hmmmm...let's see......
Oh yeah!......
It's a new year!!! Whew....I've been holding my breath waiting for this!! Last year brought some unexpected events that's for sure! But you know what! We closed on our house one week before Christmas and I really feel that icky chapter closing in our lives. (thank the Lord). I'll never know why God does some things but I'm just gonna keep following Him blindly.
So.....a new year and we've got some new things happening at the studio! We are going to launch our senior and wedding sites soon! So be on the lookout for those! Also, I am going to add an accolades page or blog so I need your opinions!! This will just be a space where we can put what our clients are saying about us. If you have had a great experience with us, if you LOVED your images send us a quick email to dejah@dejahquinn.com and let us know your thoughts so we can include them! And we know your time is valuable so for taking the time to fdo this we want to offer you a complimentary 5x7 print credit towards future sessions!
We have many other things in the works but for now mum's the word! I don't want to spoil it!!!
On a personal level we will most likely be moving again! LOL! But we are staying here in Shawnee. The house we rented was on the market when we came but had been listed for sometime so the owners/realtors decided it would be best to rent it out for 6 months and then re-list it. So Feb 1st they will relist it and frankly I am not thrilled about that. I don't want to have to leave everytime someone wants to see it. We don't want to purchase the house....it's just too small for us. So we are looking for something else. Preferably to rent. Our ultimate dream is to have some acres and an older home we can fix up ...or we may build...still not sure so we need to collaborate...lolol! So faithful blog readers....if you know of anything available email me! i would be sooo grateful!
One more thing I am considering for 2007...
I've get so many emails from photographers on a daily basis. Questions...questions.. And all who know me well....know that I had a rough start and not many other photographers would help out. Photographers can tend to be territorial at times. But being mostly self taught I vowed to always help someone out if had the knowledge to do so........ So I would find myself up at 2 am in the moring trying to answer email questions from photographers....not good when I have to be up at 6 to get everyone ready for the day....Not good~! I am so not the morning person I wish I were! During the month of December I didn't answer any emails from photographers.....i just couldn't squeeze that in too. I am so sorry! I've felt guilty But on the other hand I have to accept what I can and cannot handle. And my priorities must be taken care of first.
I love to teach and watch others grow ......so I think I may have a plan. I am considering an online teaching with assignments made up by me. This will NOT be classified as a mentorship or a workshop. My services will be completely catered to each individuals needs....so if you need to learn the basics than that's the type of assignments you'll get...if you feel you lack in creativity your or, if you need to know how to start a business from step one...your assignments will reflect whatever your individual needs are. It's all about you baby!!
a few details if I do decide to do this......
I don't claim to know everything so keep in mind there will be an initial interview process to determine whether I will be able to cater to your needs. I want to keep it simple, fun, and uncomplicated so almost all assignments will be photo assignments because that's how I learned to teach myself so a digital camera is a must. All communications will occur within a 30 day period via email and it will be your responsibility to submit the work for review and critic within the time frame. Additional time can be purchased if needed in weekly increments. If a phone consultation is requested it will be at your expense. Because my time is valuable there will be a fee assessed. As of right now I am thinking around $400. This fee includes all of my action sets( a $150 value) . The spaces will be limited to 3 per 30 day period.
I am trying to determine the interest. So if you are interested please email me at dejah@dejahquinn.com
I guess that's all! Happy new year!





4 comments:
Great idea Dej on the teaching, you are going to be awesome at that, you have such a great ability to explain things!! Go for it!!
I am interested in your teaching. should I email you?
Kasey
This is awesome! i'd love to learn from you! I am going to start saving.
Yummy gingerbread houses. I want to know how you do pull it all off? Can you teach me that??
Tanya
Post a Comment