Today is a sad day for me......what can I type about a woman who touched so many...in so many different ways.....I am at a loss....She was a beautiful person with a precious heart....she was a gleaming example of a woman after God's heart and made me strive to be a better me.... Even in the depth of her battle with cancer I never heard Tammy complain not one ounce in fact she found things...bits....to rejoice in daily. I only knew her for the last 8 years of her life....but it was enough for me to be proud of.
I remember the first time I met her. We were new to Shawnee..... new youth pastors to our church, I was newly wed and just found out I was going to be a new mother......All that newness...and trying to find my way. I was invited by someone at our new church, to Tammy's surprise b-day party and although I barely knew her I went out of desperation to make friends with someone...anyone....
Tammy's husband was away on a trip but he had arranged a huge surprise party full of fabulous food, fun and women! (all of whom were Tammy's friends...she had a lot). Towards the end of the party a video was played with clips of her husband talking..telling pieces of her life...and showing images. It was so moving watching all she had accomplished in her life as a daughter....a wife...a mother.....and most importantly a child of God. I think I bawled the whole time! So needless to say, my 1st run in with Tammy was an explosion of emotion. Just by living...she challenged me. And we became friends and I learned so much from her and am so grateful for having her in my life even if only a while........... to council me, worship with me, pray with me, laugh with me, and even cry with me.
My children both adored their Mimi....
Today I had to explain to them that she went to be with Jesus. They both cried, and it was so hard but Aaron and I thought it best that they have a little time to process before her memorial on Saturday as this is the first time someone so special to us has passed on. We will never forget the incredible impact she has made on our family and will miss her very much. While we are sad that we won't be seeing her, we find solace in knowing she has no more pain or sorrow and is rejoicing at home in Heaven. If I close my eyes...I can see her..arms raised in surrender...tears running down her cheeks...worshiping the Father...and I know that is where her heart always was.
My dear friend Tammy, I will miss you...but I will see you soon!





0 comments:
Post a Comment