Welcome

Hi, this is Dejah, Welcome to my Blog!

{just me}

Today.....well....I'm a dork!.......
Remember me saying I was going to go take pics of my sis-in law getting fitted for her gown? Well... It didn't happen. Today I did everything right...I woke up on time despite my alarm being broke. I got the kiddos dressed, feed and off to school on time. I came to the studio and caught up on emails, confirmed some bookings, proofed a little. Then I left to go and make some homemade minestrone soup for the Italian pot luck lunch for the kids school teachers (okay so- it wasn't exactly homemade...It was canned--Campbell's actually!....but I put some extra seasoning and a lot of love into it!...besides that it's the thought that counts.... and if you are one of the kids teachers and you are reading this, you probably didn't even know huh? I promise you would appreciate it even more if you ever actually tasted my homemade soup!)
Where was I? Oh yeah...
So then I grabbed me some Taco Bell (all the while, wishing I was eating minestrone). Came back to the studio and proofed some until it was time to head to the city. I map quested my destination J. Kelly bridal (http://www.jjkellybridal.com/) which by the way is an amazing place with superior customer service and I know after visiting another (bridal shop that I won't mention, that just happens to be across from Penn square mall and the cheesecake factory.)and being treated like a royal pain in the ...well you know what.
Anyhoo, I map quested..and gave myself enough time PLUS 10 minutes (in case of traffic). I got almost there-about 10 minutes away...and followed my Lil map quest----oh about 15 minutes out--AWAY from my destination! On top of that...I was on a turnpike with no exit in site!! It was actually pretty country...except I didn't slow down to see it.. an probably couldn't have enjoyed it anyway with my blood boiling over now being 30 minutes away and now late!
So after several series of phone calls between my mother and law and I, my sweet man, and the lady at the bridal shop PLUS her father... all trying to get me to where I was supposed to be...(all the while my sis-in law is in her wedding gown ...waiting...waiting... and waiting!) I just finally decided in stead of getting more lost I would just pull over and cry...so that's what I did! It just so happens I pulled into a Starbucks and so after calling...weeping and telling my honey what a goof I was...I went in and got a lil something to make myself feel all better! So...at least I did that right!
Oh and I got back just in enough time to pick the kids up from school....ding, ding, ding! I did another good thing! Ever have those days where you try so hard and it all just goes south? Oh well ...I'm 30 and finally learning to go with it...speaking of going with it.....
Notice my press-on tattoo?
Okay..so if you are a parent or grandparent(of mine)...or super religious fanatic ..you can stop reading now.
Because it's not really a press-on! I've always wanted just one tattoo...a heart...with meaning. So I found this lil heart with a swirled "J" at the top( because all my main squeezes names start with "J"'s)...and well, since getting a tattoo was on my bucket list (you know the list of things to do before you die)... I went with it. I know.... I'm a marked woman...but I waited til I was 30 to be sure I wanted it...
and besides the hubby thinks it's sexy!

as for the placement....I didn't want the "tramp stamp" or whatever it's called...you know...on your lower back...only, just because...well... that's just not me......so I went Angelina style.

photos taken by Jadyn...she may be replacing me someday!

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

your beautiful, and I love your tattoo, very nice, simple but it makes a statement!

Anonymous said...

Love it! It's very you!

Katie Korpan said...

Very pretty! And great job by Jadyn!

Anonymous said...

nice! watch out though...they are addicting!

Anonymous said...

sexy for sure!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I also want a heart w/ maybe a Z on it. B/C both my kids have a Z names. I am thinking about my foot. My arms are to skinny. I really love it.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your tattoo!..I want one, I just have never been able to make up my mind on what I want..hmm I should do somethin like yours..cuz both my loves names begin with J too..lol j/k I wont copy ;)

Megan said...

Aren't you the brave one? Those ink needles give me the heebie-jeebies!

Miss Mud Puddle said...

What a hottie!

Post a Comment