Welcome

Hi, this is Dejah, Welcome to my Blog!

{evolution of a photo shoot}

This is miss "A"...... She'd like us to think she's a shy one, but nah! We don't buy it for a minute!She just needs a little time and space to warm up.

and so I give it to her.....

...but then comes that little smirk.....the signal to which I look forward to.....at last!!! She has acknowledged me! (just in time too...note to self: do more squats).


And so, I get really excited about the fact she has smirked in my direction and I say something really intelligent like " don't you want me to take your picture?"...or something along those lines.

And wouldn't you know it!....she's as thrilled as I am! It's written all over her face!


But wait,


because in no time at all, we are talking horticulture and agroforestry management...and well...


....she was quite intrigued...can't you tell?


Perhaps the smarties candy that I was balancing atop my camera was a wee, tiny, help at taking her mind off the landscape (or lack-there-of)....because all of the sudden she was very comfortable with me!

Maybe a little too comfortable? But hey.. that's okay because while I was playing crouching tiger hidden dragon over there in the knee high grass, talking horticulture, I'm sure that I was showing off my knickers as well....and well, um....it's just not near as cute as when she does it.


Ah ha! There she is.... that sweet, precious, thing... coming right at me so I can capture an award winning moment (or wait....Is it so she can steal my smarties candy?....aw...she's sneaky, that one!).

Either way it's all the same to me.. In fact, I'd gladly give her all the candy in the whole world...except her mom might get a little mad at me, and tell everybody that I'm a tall grass growing, knicker showing, candy throwing, something or other, and not ever bring her back to play with me again. And that would me make...well, that would make me very sad since we have so much in common.
Disclaimer: just in case you hang on my every word, and take me for real...please don't email or call me asking about why your precious petunias won't grow...I really don't know :) I just like using big words like horticulture and agroforestry, that make me sound intelligent! The fact of the matter is well,... I just can't keep a single plant alive for long at all. Now, if you feel sorry for me I've got almost 3 acres here at the studio that could use a good green thumb ...or is it a brown thumb?
now show me some love and leave a comment!


11 comments:

Megan said...

Don't you love it when it's still green out after the heat has faded? She's a keeper!

Anonymous said...

She's a doll and you are too funny!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog!

jamie said...

woah girl! these are great...
you ROCK! : )

Jennifer said...

these are so beautiful what a cutie!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous photos!

Anonymous said...

Dejah, your work is so refreshing!

Shannen said...

Dejah, I love reading your blog you always make me smile! I look forward to every new post.

Anonymous said...

how beautiful!

Anonymous said...

i love reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little girl! These are wonderful pics.

melissa

Post a Comment