Welcome

Hi, this is Dejah, Welcome to my Blog!

{Si-guy}

My sweet, sweet, Si-guy...
Since your sister got herself an entire post yesterday,
I thought it only proper that you get one today.
Dear Josiah,
What can I say about the sweetest guy in my life...second only to your daddy (which you strongly resemble). I remember when the time for you to come was close and I didn't believe the doctor who claimed you were head down (but refused to do an ultra-sound) and so "Bossy" had a friend sneak me into the lab for a little looksie (in the form of an ex-ray--I still have the film). I remember studying it, thinking your head was really large (another trait of your fathers). Turned out, my worries were well merited because I STRONGLY remember the Sunday Morning you did finally come when all my fears were confirmed and thanks to you (and your big head) I'll have the rest of my children via -section , THANK YOU! Now, I'm not sayin' it's abnormally big...It just wasn't small....that's all.
Your first 2 years of life you were so very meek....and calm... and quiet...just an absolutely wonderful baby! And in comparison to your older sister I sometimes thought you were maybe not actually my child...that perhaps you were accidentally switched at birth-- but I would have never ever returned you. You were so beautiful!....and I'm not just sayin' that....I couldn't take you anywhere without people commenting on how handsome you were.
Then, just after your second birthday you changed...I don't know how to explain it except to say that it was like you had been asleep for that first two years and then suddenly, from somewhere within......... a tiny, (breath-takingly gorgeous) little super-hero emerged. You amazed me everyday with your new self. You were so vibrant..and full of life....and you really believed that you could fly! Once, we were in Target (you and I, and Sparkly J). You were snugly buckled into the seat of the shopping cart as we cruised the store. We stopped off to find Sparkly a new DVD and with my back turned, for no longer than 3 seconds....you wriggled free and stood....and raised you arms in superman fashion ( I know this because this is exactly when I turnItaliced to check on you)....then you flew....well actually...you took a chin dive...straight into the metal shelving...resulting in a rather large gash and a pool of blood.(and one snooty old hag who happened to only see the last half of the ordeal but was very present to stand by and glare...and judge).
I was a ball of nerves...and poor Sparkly thought you were dying and going to heaven right then and there...and so she cried while she laid her hands on you and begin to pray...(Jesus, Jesus, Jesus)...all the while I was trying to calm her down and removing my favorite denim jacket and trying to apply pressure to stop the bleeding all at once....You were so calm...you never cried..instead you looked up at me with your sweet lil' eyes, and rested your hand on my cheek...and kept repeating "I lul ew mommy...I lul ew mommy.'
I drove you to the ER with your head in my lap and your tiny hand on my cheek...(comforting me) and you still never cried once....UNTIL....
UNTIL....we explained to the doctor in the ER how you got hurt and he replied...." You silly boy, don't you know you can't fly?" then you cried! ......You cried....and you cried...and then you looked him straight in the eyes and said "Yes I can!
And you do my son!...you soar!
You are such a busy boy these days. You fill our lives with rambunctious energy...and super hero antics but still your heart is so discerning....and there are days when you stop in your tracks... and place your hand on my cheek and say to me "I love you mommy".
I love you too my son! Keep soaring!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it the best! Something about those little boys, they melt your heart every time! I would never ask to change the birth of my babies, big sister first, I love the way they interact, seeing the joy they find in each other. I love reading your blogs, your soul always shines through!!!

Anonymous said...

This made me cry..lol Soo Sweet :) You do have some really neat kiddos!

Anonymous said...

Dejah, your stories as well as your pictures are beautiful.

rsr said...

Um. Dejah? You just made my cry. :)

ROsie..:)

Post a Comment