Welcome

Hi, this is Dejah, Welcome to my Blog!

{farewell to April 2010}

Farewell to April 2010...
Wow! Did.I.Just.Type.That?
Where did you go?
Didn't you know that I had soo many plans for you?
Couldn't you have held on a little bit longer..?
Guess not!
I have been absent from the blog...sometimes I just need to breath...to live...and to let some things go...let them slide...right off my To-Do list.
To unplug!
Blogging was one of them. How sad that I even had that on my To-Do list! But I did..and out of sheer exhaustion...or perhaps rebellion...who knows...I just kept bumping it down further until it was no more on page one....and well...page two...It doesn't get the proper attention it deserves!
HA!
I could tell you how crazy busy things are at the studio right and how I worked for 16 days straight without a day off (even Sundays) but I won't...because sometimes I just need to leave it there--at the studio...don't get me wrong...I LOVE my job and I feel so blessed to be able to do what I love. I find it extremely rewarding...and at times very challenging. But sometimes I just need to be able to close the door...lock up shop and come home.
Which is why I find this next photo so ironic...because I thought that's what I was doing this week....but then one of the kiddos (I am not sure which one) snapped this photo of me with my I-phone. Here I am--in my home office around 7pm yesterday evening
"still plugged in".
The weather was gorgeous and sunny...the kids were in the backyard giggling and the back door was open so I could hear them play. The sun was low in the sky and so a flood of light came through and cast a wicked shadow of me on the wall that would make Peter Pan envious. Apparently one of the kids thought it was cool and snapped a picture...I have a faint memory of them showing me" how cool it was" but my mind was somewhere else...on work .....I.HATE.THAT.
So that's it...I"m sharing cause it's not all fun and smiles... tea parties and tutu's...and pretty pictures...It's hard work (the business of photography).
Sometimes it follows me home (more than I'd like). And I struggle to find balance. But I want my family....my kids and Mr. Quinn to know that they are my first....They are my life.
So sometimes I must unplug.
That's all!
... on a lighter note...dang...those sit-ups are paying off (finally).

1 comments:

Sarah Raanan said...

wow. i literally felt that post in my heart. its so amazing to hear that from you, its exactly the struggle that i am constantly faced with, and i beat myself up about missing out on my own family's special moments because i am busy blogging someone else's.
Thanks for being real.

Post a Comment