Welcome

Hi, this is Dejah, Welcome to my Blog!

{parenting.working.juggling.SIGH....SUMMER}




OH.HELLO.THERE.SUMMER.

You kinda snuck up on me....didn't ya!?

What a whirlwind it has been! I've kinda missed the blog on one hand...on the other..I've been too busy to upkeep...or maybe I'm just bored with it...Either way at some point in May I gave myself a pass so forgive me. I will say though, it's been nice to not have to think about it...AND I DID miss it. But...I'm definitely bored with it too. And...If I'm bored with it...I'm sure you are too ...right? Sooooo I've just about talked Mr. Quinn into a new blog. Not that this one is going anywhere...just a new format or something...any ideas? If you are happy with yours email me or leave a comment. Please. I don't want to obsess over it too much...and I will If you don't give me some help here!

oKaY...so with that said...hmm what else is up... umm...Parenting...wow! I thought with my kiddos getting to a certain age things would settle and get easier...you know with them being more independent and all. NOPE. babyhood and toddler hood were the easy ones...but no one tells you this. It's so bittersweet to see them grow and become these little people with likes and dislikes. Sparkly is having NONE of me helping her with her attire. NONE of it! It makes me sad. While I want her to wear these little modern frocks...or European inspired sets....or even simple sundresses.....she's happier in a Justin Beiber T and soccer shorts. WHA! But she's so sweet about it. She says "Mom, you have good style and all that but I really like to pick my own clothes now, thank you very much." HA! And Sigh guy is just as independent...He knows what he likes and lets you know too....Seems they both are growing up and becoming their own little people.

Now that it's summer, I don't know how we get things done most days. It's definitely a new world for us. It's a juggle of who does what...when... and where. Mr. Quinn and I rotate off between what needs to be done right away....and switching off between our appointments. The other half gets to hang with the kiddos. And so far it's been working. However, It's only been two weeks since school let out and we are already at the point where the kids are huffing around like teens repeating "I'm bored!" Yikes. It's such a juggle I'm sure for all parents but there is no rule book for those who choose to create their own path.....we swap comfortable, stable jobs for one that provides us flexibility so we can stay home when our little one has the flu...or even attend our kids class party when need be.....And I won't romanticize it...we forgo hedge funds...and retirement so we can just hang as a family during bright and early mornings... hot summer days and breezy summer evenings. I am so enjoying these days....Children are our future....and We're investing in ours.


2 comments:

Christina said...

I love it! Yes, no one tells you how hard it's going to be, but they don't tell you how fun it can be either. I'm glad no one told me that it would get harder because I wouldn't have believed them. ;) They are precious and wonderful and even though the kids got the not great parts of me, I think they got some good parts too.
....join in the fun!!!

{rambling} said...

I agree Christina! Thanks for the comment! P.S I love reading your blog!

Post a Comment