I have been enjoying the summer so much! From the late mornings where my kids sleep in...to the long lazy evenings spent out on the patio as Mr. Quinn's makes dinner on the grill. I am just LOVIN' life right about now!
I took Friday off (thanks to Mr. Quinn for going in my place)..and I just hung with the kiddos. We woke-up (rather late) and went for a dip in the pool. The kids were both so funny, each doing little comedy skits to amuse me. If I liked it I clapped...and if I didn't I got to dunk them. We were all laughing so hard for a couple of hours. Then we came in and had a yummy late afternoon lunch and fresh watermelon!
After lunch, we cuddled on the couch and watched a movie...and then--just as the movie ended-- I said..."hey kids...let's build a fort!" They giggled with delight as we found sheets and blankets that were just the right size! We even went into the attic to fetch some Christmas light for stars!
This was especially fun for the kiddos because I suggested we build their fort in my office...and they usually aren't allowed in there. I remember as a child my older sister and my little brother would build forts every summer! It was always so much fun curling up afterwards and reading a book in the fort--or sleeping-- when mom would let us! The kids and I worked for at least an hour tying sheets to one another and finding walls, chairs, and shelves to affix them to.
(there was also a "do not enter" sign--ha!)
Sigh-Guy made the moon ...to hang among the stars.
Even Essie enjoyed the fort!

and yes....I did let them sleep in it. Here is Sparkly asking for another drink of water....or to use the bathroom for the 27th time....does anyone else do this song and dance EVERY NIGHT!? That's my briefcase in case you were wondering...I was officially evicted from my office.
Mr. Quinn (also known as Daddy) even visited Starfalls for a late night cuddle session! AHHHH! BLISS! (sorry ladies--he's already taken).
I Hope you are enjoying your summer too ;)
Sigh-Guy made the moon ...to hang among the stars.
Even Essie enjoyed the fort!
and yes....I did let them sleep in it. Here is Sparkly asking for another drink of water....or to use the bathroom for the 27th time....does anyone else do this song and dance EVERY NIGHT!? That's my briefcase in case you were wondering...I was officially evicted from my office.
Mr. Quinn (also known as Daddy) even visited Starfalls for a late night cuddle session! AHHHH! BLISS! (sorry ladies--he's already taken).I Hope you are enjoying your summer too ;)







0 comments:
Post a Comment