Happy Birthday........
..... to me!!!!! Today I turn 31!! Why!....oh why! when I was a child, did I think my mother was old?? Looking back at photos of her now...... she actually looked really, really good!
Perhaps it's becase she was standing under a sign that said olde? Oh ...your right I probably couldn't read since I was only a baby (that's me in the contraption.... and my sis...the one with the beautiful natural red hair! What law dictates that the first born gets all the good stuff? and by the way what kind of contraption is that exactly?? I know they didn't have car seats way back then... because I clearly remember the fancy move my mom would make anytime she would brake which invloved a swift throw of the arm...catching me in the choke, head, tummy, or rear...where ever I happened to be bouncing to or from in the car at the time she hit that pedal...(she still does that arm throw thingie chuckle!) Check her out! She could have been one of Charlies Angels!
okay, so she's actually in her 20's here...but sheesh! she looks like the babysitter eh? This is me and my baby brother AND there is my sister again with her luscious red locks...she got the natural wavy curls too...but i'm completely over it...I AM!
Here we go...getting closer... I think I was about nine here....I'm not sure who's fixing who's hair in the photo lol! By the way, sorry for the pot shot....I could have cropped it but I'm just keeping it real for ya! OH MY GAWSH! I just had a flashback of me helping myself to anything and everything in my mom's vanity right there in that very spot!!!....sampling every bit of the Mary Kay make-up (maybe this is where my fixation with pink happened?! You think?) Once I even tried to try on her contact lenses--back when they were hard lenses..OUCH! (shhhh! don't tell her though).(note to self: do not be so hard on Sparkly "J" next time you catch her in YOUR vanity...and do not!!...I repeat DO NOT flip out if you catch her trying on your contact lenses...just be thankful they are soft ones and move on!)
okay... now we are getting there...she's at least 30 here, I believe. This is at one of our birthday parties...and that's my mom ....sporting the daisy dukes!!! (oh yeah!)Now....I no longer own a single pair of daisy dukes...but hey if you got it flaunt it...that's' all I'm saying' !!!l Look at her..... that's one hot 30 something momma right there!
(Okay.. she may have taken it a bit too far here with the reach!) Just kidding momma! You know I love ya!..... and you still look good at 50 something! Thanks so much for enduring 2 1/2 hard hours of labor with me in in that closet sized room in a not so swanky army hospital. The one in which they made you make you re-make own bed just after having me!!! Oh.... and also for all those times in the fifth grade when I faked sick (to get away from that mean ole' bully) and you had to leave work almost every other day to come and take me home (for the record, despite missing so much school, I learned a lot that year...only it was from Bob Barker on the price is right...and the entire cast of General Hospital!).....and for the teenage years.....when...well, I think it'd be better if we just leave it at that!Happy Birthday to me!!!!! Another year older...another year wiser...another year of blessings counted!!!
Now would someone please loan me their top lip?? (see very first photo).





9 comments:
Happy Birthday to you, you look absolutely beautiful!
uh ummm do you have a model release for these photos and what about copyright. hmmm
I love you and Happy Birtday baby girl.
Love Mom
Sorry--I loaned out my top lip long ago--lol! Happy Birthday!!!
{For the record, 31 was way more cooler than I ever thought it would be. 30s are the new 20s!)
happy birthday! love these pics!
Aawww...nostalgia! I too am 31 yrs. old and these photos bring back so many memories from my childhood. All great!! Happy B-Day Dejah! You know we just keep getting more beautiful and smarter with the years. At least that is what I keep telling myself, lol!
Jessica E.
I love reading all your little stories.
you are so funny! Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday, Dejah!!! I know I'm late, but wanted to wish you a great year anyways!!!
Hey, got your site from SweetSpot...and guess what? We share the same bday. Only I am one year older. So cool!
Stacy Lin
Post a Comment