Welcome

Hi, this is Dejah, Welcome to my Blog!

{25 random things about me}

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged.

Okay....so I've been tagged....actually by about 6 people. REALLY? People! I AM NOT REALLY THAT INTERESTING! ...Ya'll are just nosy...that's what I think it is! ( huff! )

but I'm gonna play along...that is.....if I can find 25 random facts about myself.

(Ahem!...cracking fingers......now cracking neck....ouch!)

1. my parents worked really hard to find a very unique first name and then paired it with a plain ole' "Ann" for a middle name....guess they ran out of creative juices!


2. my first born came Cesarean...the second...well...not so much!...what...am I giving a lil TMI...well...then STOP TAGGING ME! (LOL!)

While I'm on the subject though...one of my clients (who is a doctor hi Gaynell!! ) recently shared with me that Oklahoma has passed a law that if you have had a c-section once than you have to have c-sections for the remainder of your childbirths...and while some of you may be appalled by this...I am soooooo releived...See...I want more babies...really bad...in fact, all week long I've been in agony...from having to give my creative input to a birth video that was shot and edited by our video dept (dqcinema) , and watching that sweet lil baby take her first breath over and over again...and watching daddy wipe his tears away with his sleeve..over and over again...and watching mom sparkle and smile from wall to wall as she looked upon her baby's face for the very first time over and over again...well it was just so magical...I want all that in a REAL bad way! With that said.. I also watched that sweet glowing momma endure contraction after contraction without so much as a Tylenol..bless her heart...next time I see her I'm gonna give her a great big ole' hug (and maybe a kiss too)! Anyhoo...what my point is....well, ....what I'm saying is.... when I do it again. I am super glad I don't have that option available to me! Now...when I actually do talk Mr Quinn into impregnating me again..I'll probably be singing a different tune.



3. I sometimes tend to give TMI (too much information)....... sometimes.



4. I am not very domestic...I have a sign above my kitchen sink that reads "i kiss better than I cook" Mr. Quinn can cook very well! I kinda like our arrangement.




5. Mr. Quinn and I were recently watching an episode of DIRTY JOBS in which they were cleaning out abandoned trailer homes getting them ready for demolition. Above the sink in one of the trailers was a sign that read "I kiss better than I cook" ....upon seeing this... Mr. Quinn looks over and affectionately says...."well...I guess you can take the girl out of the trailer park...but you can't take the trailer park out of the girl!"....he's so clever...that one! Which brings me to random thing #5 ...I spent a good part of my childhood in a trailer park in East Texas...We once upgraded to double wide with a porch...and I was on cloud nine!.....and them's some good memories ya'll!




6. I was once a singing waitress at Doc's steakhouse and made some mighty fine tips.




which brings me to random thing # 7....I don't sing very well....when watching American Idol I have to ask Mr. Quinn..."is that good?"



which explains random thing # 8.....My khaki shorts that were part of my issued uniform at Doc's steakhouse were always shorter than everyone else's for some reason!?? Doc always said it was because I had longer legs.




9. I met Mr. Quinn when we were quite young (age 14)...I thought he was obnoxious and arrogant and proud. I was unwillingly attracted to him! He turned out to be my romantic hero gentlemen...my Mr. Darcy.....my Noah Calhoun...for all you "notebook...Nicholas Sparks fans)!




10. Gosh... is this only #10...I told you I am not that interesting!



11. HMMM.........think... think......oh! yeah!..... I love all things vintage...and also shabby chic.



12. I think I was born in the wrong decade... I adore all things 40's....the way the ladies always dressed up to go out...full make-up...dress.. the finest hats and gloves...and shoes....Ah the glamour!!....but I don't obsess over it because I once ran across a ladies blog who did...she dressed and lived and acted like it was the 40's ...and that kinda freaked me out. ...oh...and because I'm not very domestic...remember!?




13. (Even though I don't call them near as much as I should)....I absolutely adore my grandparents! They have been married for over 50 years and my granny's eyes still sparkle when she looks as my paw paw! Those two precious people taught me so much about life and love and I am, who I am because of those two! I have so many cherished memories of my summers spent at their house. Oh! how I wish I could curl up on the sofa beside granny right this moment and talk until the wee hours of the morning to the soundtrack of paw paws snoring in the bedroom.....just like old times!





14. i don't like sprite...at all....it makes me nauseous...so does chicken noodle soup...guess it's cause that's what momma always gave me as a kid when I actually was sick!



15. FIFTEEN....only 10 more to go...you still with me? (if not I don't blame ya!)





16. I LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! reading Junie B Jones to Sparkly "J"...and I read it with my best hick accent...(i don't have to reach too far on that one!)



17. I LOATHE! LOATHE! LOATHE! cold mornings....if I have to defrost my windsheild I am going back to bed! (....Mr Quinn takes the kiddos to school on the really cold days....did I mention he's my Mr Darcy....my Noah!!?...he likes to spoil me!)



18. I am a huge Kim Anderson fan (he's a photographer--the one who does all the lil black and white photos of children) and have a substantial collection of "pretty as a picture" ornaments and figurines based on his photos. Sadly, they are getting harder and harder to find and so I haven't gotten a new one in about 3 years.



19. My children are the cutest, most adorable...sweetest, funniest....kindest.... children in this world...and I devour every inch of them!





20. PINK....is my favorite color! (uh oh... I feel a nostalgic Aerosmith tune coming on!...

Pink it's my new obsession Pink it's not even a question, Pink on the lips of your lover, 'cause Pink is the love you discover ...

sorry, couldn't stop myself.




21. I have crooked pinky fingers....and when I was a kid raising my hand for class was like torture...I used to try and cover them with band-aids.




22. I always pictured myself married to a cowboy...probably only because I grew up in the dairy capitol of the world!




23. Some of it did rub off on me.....I really...really..want an old farmhouse on some land...with horses...and wide open spaces!....and I'll get it some-day! ...but you can keep the cows!





24. I used to be one of those prudish....religious....judgemental ......know it all Christians....until the church that Mr. Quinn and I poured ourselves into as youth pastors threw us under the bus...It shattered me! It was the most amazing...heartwrenching....bittersweet.... life-altering experiences in my life to date....and it completely changed my relationship with God.





25. I love the Lord Jesus Christ with all I am..... and that's all that really matters after all!



as per the rules...i am supposed to pick 25 people...so if you are reading still...TAG...you are it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did this already so u can read mine on facebook..lol and its funny about your pinkys, both of my sisters have sadly crooked ones, but it skipped me haha...Sarah's are the worst..lol ahh, and i remember number 25..good times..not.. but im glad u guys, at least, came out better for it.

Anonymous said...

Dejah you are so refreshing.

Anonymous said...

Here's to keeping it real my friend!

Post a Comment