Welcome

Hi, this is Dejah, Welcome to my Blog!

{Easter weekend}

Did you all have a beautiful Easter weekend? We certainly did.
We kicked it off by going to a GIGANTIC egg hunt at OBU
(Oklahoma Baptist University)
It is put on annually by Emmanuel Baptist Church
for the entire community...

The kids really enjoyed themselves.

Then we came home and I boiled some eggs so that we could
color...while Sparkly J changed into her second ensemble for the day...


They were so anxious that they had to keep checking the eggs to
see if they had cooled yet...




...and when I say "checking" I mean they were really "checking"


...at last! The eggs were ready...
and just after Sigh Guy had his second change of clothes
we colored them....

Here's Si Guy doodling on one....It's Super Mario...can't you tell?!
What's that you say...?!...that's not how you color easter eggs???

Just teasin' ya! We did actually color the eggs...

Even Mr. Quinn got in on the action....
and he's quite talented too...

(look at those man hands...he could seriously
be a hand model.......RRRRRRRoaaaar!)

I"d like to take a minute to thank the Shawnee News Star
for providing the above directions on egg coloring...hence...
helping my children *think* I am in fact a super duper domestic
momma jomma...Oh!....Please Lord let them remain
blissfully unaware forever...

and VIOLA! the end result
(or what was left)

Once that was done...I shifted my apron....poofed my hair...and
powdered my nose in June Cleaver fashion...then moved on to
decorating the place up....ERRRRRR...was it...I...
picked my wedgie...scratched my head...and blew my nose??...
OH! ANYWAY...



What matters is that the place got perty...right?!
The table was adorned with tons of pastel chocolate
filled eggs...oh...and bunny's

and the banner FROM LAST YEAR went up again.
The rest of the evening was spent making cupcakes and cuddling....DIVINE!


The next morning the kiddos woke up extra early to see what the
Easter bunny had left..........mmmm! More chocolate!!!
Then we we had oatmeal with fruit and nuts...and toast andCOFFEE! lots and lots of Coffee!
We dressed and went off to church and
It was chilly and rained almost all day......but you know what?......


we got home and got to hunt eggs in the house....IN OUR PJ"S!!!
how fun is that?!



only...I was a little chilly...because as you can see...Sparkly stole my robe.

P.S....just in case you are about to email me with your convictions on the Easter bunny....STOP HERE!!!....go back up and read our banner....we do teach our children the real reason for Easter...in fact...we don't just teach them one or two "holidays" out of the year...we show them everyday....so thanks...but um...no thanks!

Hope yours was Blissful too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are SO cute! I love the one with them holding the eggs up to their eyes. too cute!!!

The Runyans said...

these are precious.

love your banner, and i really like the color on your walls in your living room.

Post a Comment